Friday, June 6, 2014

Introducing the Design Team - Day 3

Good morning!

Friday already - that was quick! 
I received the info-sheets for the packaging yesterday - eyciting! I wish I already had the stamps ;)
We still have anough to share until the first stamps are released.

Today is day 3 of our Design Team Reveal - yay!
Time to get to know the next of our lovely girls.

Today, we'd like to reveal.....

 *drummroll*



Samantha left the most encouraging comments on my blog for a long time before I joined the Newton's Nook Design Team, where we finally met. (She's still leaving comments, but I am happy I finally got to know her better and work with her!). She's lovely, talented and very very supportive. I feel so honored she joined us!

Please give her a warm welcome to this new adventure!

Name, Age, Logaction:
Samantha Mann, 32, South Carolina



Hi Sam,
so happy to see you! Take a seat, get comfy. May I offer you something? Coffee or cookies?

Hi Christine!! I’m so excited to be here! I’m not a coffee person (*gasp*), but I do enjoy cookies! 

Okay, you know why you’re here: People want to know everything about you. Let’s start with something simple:
You’re a paper crafter. When did you start and how did it happen?

I think like most people – paper crafting has always been in my blood! I used to save my coins in elementary school for school supplies, and as I got older, my school supplies got cooler, and eventually turned into paper crafting supplies! I always say, school supplies are the gateway drug to paper crafting! 
I made my first scrapbook in 2001 (ack – I shudder looking at it now!!), and I really got down and dirty in this crazy, crafty world in 2008-ish.

What kind of projects are your favorite? And why?

I love ALL projects! Ha! I’ve embraced cards for a few years. I just LOVE being able to make a sentiment, image or background POP in a small canvas! And to brighten someone’s day when they receive it...icing on the cake!
I also love making scrapbook pages! I just love being able to document my little menn and their life, and the funny things they do! When I make scrapbook pages, that’s for me. A little crafty reward to myself, so I can cherish that moment in time always.

Is there one technique that you use more often than others?

Hmm. I love trying new techniques all the time! I’m loving watercoloring (who isn’t?!), embossing paste and anything with vellum lately, though!
More often than not, I like to make people smile, so I’ve been known to make a silly sentiment now and then!

If you look at other people’s projects: What amazes you and what makes you frown?

Oh my goodness! I’m always blown away by what I see people create! I love when people work with color, and bright, bold colors! Some people are just so gifted, they can’t make a bad project! (that’s not me! LOL!) 
As far as frowning when I look at other people’s projects...I don’t! People put their heart and souls into their projects, just like I do. It takes a risk to put yourself out there, and I respect that, and always try to find something in a project to smile about!

You’ve been paper crafting for quite a while. Is there a lesson you learned that you’d like to share with our readers?

Oh boy – a serious question! This is a hard one! I suppose the best lesson I’ve learned to always be kind. You don’t have to „big, huge, puffy heart with glitter LOVE“ everything you see! But keep the negativity to yourself, and share what you DO like about it. It will make the other person happy, and you will feel good about that! (but no lying! Ha!)

Let’s get to something personal. You live in … what’s your favorite spot there and why do you think people should visit this place?

I currently live in South Carolina, near Charleston. I’m relativly new here. We have lived all over the US. My favorite spot has to be the beach!! LOVE the beach! I grew up in Florida, and the beach was a HUGE part of my childhood, so I like to pass that on to my little menn. 
Charleston is also (quite literally!) dripping with history here. So if you like American history, this is a place to be! 

What is a characteristic that describes you the best?

Well, hmm. I would say, considerate and funny! I always try to be there for other people, and it’s important to me, to think of others. And I really like to make people laugh! 

What else should people know about you?

Well, I don’t do Twitter. I used to avoid it because I thought I wasn’t cool/important/smart enough to do it. Now I avoid it because...well, it’s been this long! Also, hashtags intrigue me, and I try to use them on my instagram photos either ironically, or for added humor. 

#hashtaggingthisnow
#ijusthashtaggedinaninterview


Thanks for the interview Sam, I’m so glad and honored you joined our little team!

No, the honor is sincerely ALL on this end. I’m humbled, excited, and shocked to be part of this incredible, amazing, exciting, talented team! <3



Sam made a card using our monster freebie . her coloring is amazing - I LOOOVE this!




If you want to see more of her creations, ho over to her blog and become a follower!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing such a cool card love the coloring and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAM! SAM! SAM!! ACK! they sure are lucky to have you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Sam!!!!!!!!! Love her work and her card...ADORABLE
    Girl, you don't do coffee...hmmm...I'm glad you love cookies:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Sami! I know you will make some GREAT INSPIRATIONAL AMAZING things to inspire us all. YAY for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coloring on that monster! Congrats Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very excited to see Samantha join your team!

    ReplyDelete