Friday, October 3, 2014

Christmas Card without Christmas Stamps

Hello and happy Friday! :)

Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card that I made with two non-Christmas stamp sets! :)
And, as a bonus, I used lots of WOW embossing powder! All month long, the Create a Smile Stamps Team and WOW are collaborating, and it's going to be an AMAZING time! :)


For my card, I used mostly the Your View stamp set, with part of a sentiment from Whimsical Wheels! :)


The sentiment was heat embossed onto a strip of vellum with the Earthtone Pepper embossing powder. And let me tell you, that color is AWESOME!! I am ALL about warm greys, so this powder is right up my alley!


I stamped and cut the window frame 5 times and then stacked it all together to add a little height and dimension, then adhered the cute, little, sleepy kitty (watercolored with Distress Markers) with some foam tape. "Outside" the window I heat embossing the snowflake images with Clear Sparkle (dude, best choice for Christmas cards! lol!).


The background was created with some embossing paste and the Skinny Chevron Stencil from Create a Smile Stamps. Then I splattered the same blue from the window (Tumbled Glass distress marker). But I didn't stop there! I then went in with my Versafine Marker and colored over some of the splatters and added just a dash more of the Clear Sparkle! I LOVE how it turned out!

Do you ever make Christmas cards without Christmas stamps? Love it!
Make sure you check out the stencils in the shop, and get ready for an AMAZING release next week!! You're going to be giddy when you see the sets! :)

Thanks again!
~Samantha


4 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Love the texture and WOW!! This will be fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the contrast oft the warm earth tones against the icy blue suggesting a cozy home in wintertime.

    ReplyDelete