Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sunburst/Starburst Technique


Hi! Francine here! Today, I’m back with a new card and video tutorial featuring the Create A Smile stamp set called Ausflippen (it’s a German sentiment set). I used the star ("Hurra!" means Hoorah! in German). Here is my project:







In this video, I’m going to show you how to make a sunburst (or starburst) background with cardstock. 



You can see how I did my card in the video below!




CLICK THE HD ICON TO SEE THE VIDEO IN BETTER QUALITY







Stamps: Ausflippen (Create A Smile)
Paper: black & multi-color cardstock (Bazzill)
Dies: Stitched Circles (Lil’Inker Designs), Circles - Grand Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Various: 3D foam pads, MISTI stamping tool, tape runner, Archival Ink (Ranger)





You can fix the triangles randomly, as I did. This gives more movement.

If you want a perfect and straight alignment, the trick is to line up the triangles back to back:






Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant design!! Thanks so much for sharing the technique, might just have to give this a go myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo so clever idea love your video...will try this too like Shona..I have that Ausflippen Set...yay...thanks for your great video Francine♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now... I know how to make a rainbow cardstock! Brilliant idea and will give it a try, thanks Francine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rainbows and all-color-combinations. Your Card rocks!
    Congrats to your in-procress-decision - I also prefer the round shape.

    ReplyDelete