Friday, September 18, 2015

Let's Party!

Hello and happy Friday!
Samantha here, and I have a fun birthday card to start your weekend! Ha!



I really LOVE those chubby little critters! So I knew I wanted to create a card with them in mind! I also knew I wanted to do some watercoloring with my Distress Markers!


To create this card, just pick some of your favorite images and your favorite watercolor method and we can start!
- stamp the images onto your watercolor paper of choice and watercolor!
- I used distress markers, because I love them! lol!
- once dry, fussy cut and set aside
- on your card base, blend two different shades of blues from the bottom of the cardstock, and fade into white towards the top
- flick some water onto the distressed area and use a dry paper towel to dab after a about 10 seconds, or so.


- add the images, popping up the balloons and two of the critters with foam tape
- stamp your sentiment


I used the CUTE CUTE CUTE critters from Eggstraordinary Egghunt!  The balloons and sentiment are from Monster Party - LOVE that set!


You could also make a one layer card similar to this! You would just need to mask off the animals to add your blending. then color! Perfect for mailing!

    

Don't forget to link up your Create a Smile card to the September gallery on the right hand side of this blog! We LOVE seeing what you create - and we also feature a few of the favorites!! (Though, full disclosure, we love every.single.one!!!!)

Thanks again for stopping by!
~Samantha

5 comments: