Friday, February 26, 2016

Watercolored Sentiments!

Hello there!
Samantha here again, and today I'm sharing a card I made with a bit of a watercolored sentiment, look! It's SO easy to do, too! :)


I can't stop using the floral sets that Christine creates! These are some of my FAVORITE sets ever, and honestly, I'm not a flower person!! Well, I guess I can't say that anymore...I *used* to not be a floral person...what's next...? Purple?! Ha!


To create this card, you'll definitely need some Distress Markers!

- place your sentiment onto your acrylic block
- using the Distress Markers, color directly onto your stamps! I used four different colors (Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon, Pine Needles and Peacock Feathers).
- once the sentiment is colored completely, light spray with a mister bottle
- then stamp directly onto your card front!


- once the sentiment was stamped, I stamped with various leaves and flowers along three of the edges of the card, keeping it in black and white, so the focus stays on the sentiment.
- to finish the card, I added some enamel dots!


I used enamel dots from various collections (Fruitalicious, Holly & Berry and Sending Sunshine). The sentiment is from This Must Be Love and the flowers/leaves are from Botanical Love and Time to Say Thanks.


Colors! You can do this card in ANY color scheme and ANY sentiment! This would make an adorable set of Thank You cards to give to someone! :)

In addition to the awesome enamel dot embellishments, you can also get some amazing Pretty Pink Posh sequins right there in the Create a Smile Stamps shop! :)

Thanks again for spending some of your time with me this Friday! 

      

4 comments:

  1. Can you do this with markers other then Distress? I don't have any of those but I love how this looks. I'd like to try what you did. It really looks beautiful! I have some of those enamel dots but for some reason I thought I was getting different colors then I got. I don't like the colors I got but they are cool just like the sequins. So many embellishments and stamps, so little time and money! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail!
      Not sure if you're referring to an order placed with us, but if you are unhappy with any ordered product (enamel stickers or anything else) please let us know do we can help :)
      Smiles
      Christine

      Delete
  2. Soooo gorgeous, have to try this :D

    ReplyDelete