Sunday, May 15, 2016

Masking, Gesso, Watercolouring... It's a Party!

Hi Everyone! Did you order the new kit? If you have not, what are you waiting for? Head over to the store because there's a limited amount of kits available. But if you still need more convincing, I'm using a few of the products from the kit in my card below.

Enjoy!






To be very honest, I don't know how I wanted the card to look. 

I just started with taking a watercolour paper and swipe a layer of white gesso over the stencil, but only on one side of the paper. Why? I don't know haha. I just wanted to test out how it would turn out and didn't want to waste a whole piece of watercolour paper.


While I let the gesso air dry, I stamped the images (also on a watercolour paper with Distress Ink - Walnut Stain) and use my Inktense Watercolour Pencils to colour the images. I usually start by direct colouring on the areas that should come out darker. 


The pencils are highly pigmented, a little goes a long way. As you can see below, I'm using a wet brush and "pull" the colour to the rest of the white space. If the colour isn't vibrant enough, you can get the colour directly from the pencil with a wet brush.


To add colour to the gesso-ed stencil, I used my very wet brush to pick up colour directly from the pencil. If you've never done this before, no worries, this does not ruin your pencil. At least not for me. 


Anyways, all I wanted to create is a gradient of light to dark blue.




All Create A Smile products : 
Beach Party Kit (used the Stencil, Stamp and Enamel Dots) 
Happy Days (Birthday Sentiment)

Non-Create A Smile Products : 
Derwent Inktense Watercolour Pencils
Ranger Glossy Accents
Clear Wink of Stella

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card Marina. I have just started and IG account but know little to nothing about it. I will be a while catching on but I'm learning...LOL

    ReplyDelete