Friday, September 16, 2016

Poor Little Monkey!

Hello again!
Samantha here with you all, and today I'm sharing a sweet little get well card! I don't know about you, but with both of my littles returned to school, the germs are running rampant! Lol! So I thought having a get well card (or 2, or 3...) on hand would be an excellent idea!



     

That monkey!!! He's SOOOO cute! And he's the reason I had to make this card! He's so sad!!!! Ha! 


So, let's start making this card!

- on a piece of white cardstock, i did some Distress Ink blending in Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold! I used a scrap sheet of computer paper as a mask to create the hard line
- then I spritzed some light water drops over the blending!
- once it was dry, I placed a stencil on top, and using a wet baby wipe, I dabbed through the stencil to lift off some of the color!


- set aside to dry, and stamp and color your image (I used Copic Markers to color this sweet little guy!)
- fussy cut and pop up on the background
- heat emboss the sentiment in black
- enjoy your card!


I didn't use watercolor paper for my card front, so it did warp a little bit! But that's ok! To me, it adds to the 'home'-made part of the card! Plus, regular cardstock is lighter and easier to send in the mail, so that's my thinking! But feel free to use watercolor paper on your card! The Distress Ink colors will lift up MORE with water and the baby wipe, and the result will be vibrant and beautiful!


To create this card, I used the new When You're Not Around stamp set, paired with the sentiment from Bad Day! It's a perfect combination! I also used the Concentric Circles stencil for the background!

    

Did you know next week is the Create a Smile Stamps September release?! EEEEEEEK! You guys are going to FLIP OUT when you see what Christine has in store for you!!

~Samantha      
         
    

1 comment: