Friday, September 9, 2016

Wonderfully Warm Fuzzies!

Hello again!
Samantha here to share a Christmas card with you! I know! It's early, and I'm SORRY! But if you're anything like me, you have to start early so you're done 'on time'. (I'll use the 'on time' phrase loosely!! Ha ha!)




     

Well, it's simple. That snowman is irresistible. I must have him on every card, and that means Christmas people! Lol! 


Well, let's get down right to it:

- on a piece of white cardstock, stamp the stars on the background in a waterproof ink
- cover with gesso (a LIGHT layer of gesso)
- once dry, start watercoloring! For my card, I used Zig Real Brush Clean Color Markers by scribbling them on my craft  mat, spritzing with water and placing my cardstock right on top!
- the more layers of watercolor, the more vibrant!


- set aside to dry, and stamp and color your image
- fussy cut and pop up on the background
- heat emboss the sentiment
- enjoy your work of art!


This card was messy, fun and totally not clean and simple! But you could just as easily take the same colors and make a simpler, less messy version of this card! How about a few strips of patterned paper for the snowman to sit on, instead of the watercolored/gesso-ed/stamped background? Or how about one, snowy hill with a starry sky behind it? Endless possibilities people!! Take what you see and run with it! :) 


I used one clear and one cling stamp set to create this card! Those ADORABLE stars and circles in the background are from the Starry Night cling stamp and the cute as can be snowman is from the Cool Buddies stamp set! 

    

Guys - stop what you're doing and submit a card/layout/papercraft project of any kind (as long as it uses Create a Smile Stamps products!) and you could have a chance to be published!! You can read all about the opportunity here!

~Samantha      
         
  

No comments:

Post a Comment