Friday, October 7, 2016

Wishing You a Cool Christmas!

Hi there!
Samantha here today, and I'm sharing a sweet, little Christmas card with you!




     

I always try to start thinking about/making Christmas cards at the end of September...I sprinkle them in with my other cards, so I know I'll have enough when it comes time to send them out!! Despite these best laid plans, I always feel like I'm scrambling around at the last minute to get cards out! Ha! Tell me I'm not alone!! :)


So, let's start making this card!
- on a piece of white cardstock, use transluscent embossing paste through your stencil. Before you remove the stencil, splatter on some watercolor.
- remove your stencil and clean! :)
- set aside your cardstock to dry
- stamp and color your image. I watercolored my images with Distress Markers! :)
- fussy cut out



- once the embossing paste is dry, blend a little light colored Distress Ink around the card. I used Tumbled Glass.
- heat emboss the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock
- attach the images with foam tape



You don't have to use transluscent embossing paste if you don't like it, or don't have it! Any texture paste will give fun, subtle interest to the background of your card! 


I used the adorable Made of Snow stamp set for that CUTE moose snow man! Ha! The sentiment was a combination of phrases from that set and the Cool Buddies set! I used the Double Stitched Rectangles Die to cut out my background! And the Wave of Snowflakes Stencil created that sweet, soft background!

    

Make sure you hand around the Create a Smile Friends and Family group on Facebook and the Create a Smile Stamps Instagram to look out for the details for the new October release! There will be sneak peeks and fun leading up to the release and you're going to go crazy for these new products! Trust me! 

~Samantha 


         

2 comments: