Thursday, April 6, 2017

Ahoi! * clean & simple 1/4

Hi there, Nicole here.

I'm finally back with new projects for you! Because I love series so much, I prepared some for you. To start off, I'm gonna have "clean and simple" cards for every Thursday in April. So let's get started with no. 1 :-)




I got asked many a time how I make my clean and simple cards. To be honest, I do not have a recipe. It's just the way I love making cards, it's kind of "natural" for me. But I found some guidelines/instructions for you that might help :-)



If you want to make "clean and simple" cards, try to stick to (some) of these points.
  • one focal point
  • a lot of open space
  • only one (or two) layers
  • no or minimal embellishements
  • minimal color palette
  • simple, uncluttered and easy to recreate

If you want to improve your clean and simple cardmaking, try playing along CAS challenges. You'll find many inspiring ideas and get to practice at the same time.



  1. stamp the boat and color it with watercolor pencils and a bit of water
  2. take the stencil and apply pigment ink with a sponge dauber
  3. move the stencil and add a second shade of blue
  4. additional: add clear and matte texture paste to give the ocean a bit of texture
  5. add accents like gloss on the windows
  6. let everything dry and add your sentiment

Underwater Love / Waves / clear droplets


Create A Smile is moving and they are taking a break. The shop will be closed from April 8th to May 7th.

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon :-)





1 comment: